When using the RNPS Log to keep DVLA compliant records, enter data on the customers right to the registration on the Proof of Entitlement tab. So your records are correct, ensure you fill out any yellow fields with the relevant data.
This knowledge base article provides a simple guide on how to keeps proper RNPS records, in easy to follow steps.
- Vehicle registration certificate – V5C or V5CNI
- Keeper supplement of the registration certificate – V5C/2 or V5C/2NI
- Certificate of entitlement – V750
- Retention document – V778
- Vehicle licence renewal form – V11
- Temporary registration certificate – V379
- Authorization certificate with an official stamp – V948
So to continue building the record, select the type used from the list. Next, click the left arrow to move it to the yellow box. As long as documents are place here, they are included in the record. In case of a mistake, simply select an item and press the right arrow to remove it.
Next you need to enter a serial or reference number off the document chosen as proof. In essence showing your due diligence as a supplier. So take the number from the document and enter it into the yellow box.
The number taken will depend on the document used. Below is a sample V5C with the reference number highlighted.