We provide sign shop supplies and equipment for a printed workflow that’s UK compliant.
Sign Shop Supplies and Equipment
Switch to Oralite Signs for a Cost Effective & Compliant Production
Tennants can source the sign shop supplies you need to make Oralite Traffic Signs, no matter your workflow. Including printers that are optimised for reflective films and sign substrates. As well as cost-effective equipment like labelling machines and compatible plotters & laminators.
To ensure you meet national standards, Orafol has created a fully accredited & compatible ecosystem. Where each grade of reflectivity features films with matching overlays, lettering and application tapes. And as its Master Distributor, we ensure a reliable supply with trade prices across the range.
Oralite Reflective Film
We recommend Oralite because we believe it offers you the ideal balance of performance and price across its entire range.
Traffic Films & Overlay
Oralite provides a complete range of Permanent & Temporary Traffic Sign Films. Which gives you a certified solution for each grade, from RA1 up to R3C. Including reflective films & protective overlays designed to work together. For film specifications and compatibility details take a look at our Oralite Catalogue & Spec-Sheets.
- Total ecosystem for RA1, RA2, RA3B & R3C grades.
- UKCA certified range for making Permanent Traffic Signs.
- Approved digital ink for each compatible film.
- Specially developed Films for Lettering applications.
- Fully compatible range of Transparent Overlays.
- Anti-Graffiti or Anti-Dew overlay solution for each film.
- Solutions for screen or digital print and cut-graphics.
Whether you need a hard wearing permanent substrate or a low cost plastic panel, we can supply you. In fact we carry all the common sign substrates, from fluted Corex up to aluminium composite. And don’t forget our ENVIROPLATE, it’s more durable then GRP or PVC & 100% recyclable.
- ACM Composite – aluminium panels sandwiching a PE core.
- Enviroplate – 4/5mm thick copolymer sheet.
- GRP Poly – glass reinforced plastic panels.
- Black Plastic – rigid PVC plastic boards.
- Zintec – electro-zinc coated steel sheet.
- Foamex – paper lined foam boarding.
- Corex – fluted or corrugated plastic sheet.
Traffic Sign Printers
Our printers are designed for traffic sign production, which means Oralite print profiles, highways colours and common substrate support.
Oralite UV Traffic Printer
You will find the Oralite UV Traffic Printer features modern hardware & a huge capability as standard. Coupled with fast print speeds of 23m2/hr and impressive media handling. Yet it still offers you energy & production savings, thanks to its LED printing UV lights.
- Traffic Sign Print Speeds – 14.5-23 m2 per hour
- 6 Colours (30pl) – CMYK+W/CMYK+Lc & Lm
- UV LED Curable Inkjet Print System
- 1650mm Media & Print Width
- High-Quality Output – 1440dpi
- Direct to Substrate & Roll Printing
- Profiles for All Oralite Films, inc UKCA Certified
Oralite Eco Traffic Printer
The Oralite Eco Traffic Printer offers you a balance of standards compliance and print performance. To manage this feat, it combines an OKI M64s graphics printer with strict colour profiles. Which results in an entry-level system that’s ideal if you work within a tight budget.
- Digital Traffic Sign Printing – 7-9 m2 per hour.
- 7 Colour Eco Solvent Inks – CMYK + Lc, Lm & Gy
- 1.6m Max Print Width
- Photorealistic Images – 900dpi
- 3-Way Heaters – Pre/Print/Post
- Full Colour Roll Printing
- Profiles for Oralite Glass Bead & Prismatic Materials
Easy Print Traffic
Our Easy Print Traffic system helps you to make bespoke road signs. Thus saving you from the expense and waste of having courtesy signs made up. Now you can simply print your own sign text for each project. Which makes it ideal for local street-works with a set duration.
- Self Contained Solution for Bespoke Road Signs.
- OKI LED Printer – Modified for Clear Film.
- Laptop with Signs Software & Windows OS.
- Includes Transport Heavy Font & Symbols.
- Prints onto Weather Proof Self-Adhesive Clear Film.
- Sticks to most Sign Faces – Compatible Blanks Available.
- Installation and Training Provided.
UKCA Label Printer
Print your own compliant UKCA Labels for marking your permanent traffic signs. This compact solution includes a 4 inch thermal printer, complete with 650 label roll feed. Alongside an editable template for your own RA1, RA2 and RA3 compliant labels.
- 4 inch Thermal Printer with Cutter.
- Uses 300m Black Resin Ribbon.
- External Roll Feed & Dust Cover.
- Editable Template for RA1, RA2 & RA3 Labels.
- 50m Roll of Orajet 3951G for Printing Labels.
- Labels have 10 year Durability (with Oralite 5061 Overlay).
- Produces 650 Labels per roll at 100 x 75mm each.
Of course you will want to complete your sign shop’s setup with a high quality flatbed laminator sourced from Tennants.
The Modul Mounter flatbed laminator is just so easy to use. Being pneumatic, you can raise and lower its roller with minimal effort. Plus it laminates the full length of its table bed, in one go. And being electric no compressor is needed, so you can place it anywhere.
- Table bed area between 3 to 6 metres.
- Extensions available in 1 metre sections.
- Electrical powered roller – no compressor needed.
- Bars at either end for mounting print & overlay rolls.
- Deploys equal pressure from edge to edge.
- Optional light draws for in-process inspection.
- Height adjustable base with locking wheels.
For an efficient and cost-effective alternative, try the LF1732-B4 Laminator from LeFu. Not only does it offer precise rolling of your printed sign faces. But its media handling capability covers your commercial work too. All thanks to its quality table bed and heavy-duty roller.
- Maximum lamination size of approx. 3.2m long x 1.7m wide.
- Handles substrate heights of up to 20mm.
- Features a 130mm diameter roller with anti-glue finish.
- Safety glass table includes LED lighting & cutting mat.
- Supports single person operation via media support rollers.
- Foot controls leaves hands free to conduct media.
- Bed tilts up to save space when not in use.
Sign Shop Supplies for Printed or Cut Graphics from Tennants
We can help provide your sign shop supplies, whether you’re after materials or machinery. Switch to Oralite for your signs and save on reflective that doesn’t cost the earth. And benefit from film, inks, tapes & laminates all designed to meet standards.
For pricing or information on our products or services, just drop us a line. Either call us on 0115 9738088 or email email@example.com. Otherwise fill in the quick contact form above with your enquiry details.
Back to Highway Equipment.