This knowledge base article shows the 9542 Control Panel and highlights its layout, functions and all its button positions. It can be found on the front of the machine, as shown on this overview article of the printer. For further information on any individual features or actual operational instructions, consult your user guide or the manufacturers website.
- A: Display Screen – Shows status and menu options
- B: Help – Toggles printer help guides
- C: Back button – Returns to previous screen/menu option
- D: OK – Sets or selects a menu item
- E: Power Save – Toggles economy mode
- F: Attention – LED lights up to indicate an issue
- G: Option Controls – Cycle up and down options
- H: Online – Toggles online or offline status
- I: Keyboard – Keypad with numbers or alphabet characters
- J: Cancel – Stops current job or quits a menu
When a problem is detected the attention LED on the control panel will light up to attract you to the issue. When its a major error, it will blink continuously until fixed. The display screen will also indicate what type of error it is, and provide a help guide – as in the image above.
For information on troubleshooting common errors, check out our 9542 Printer Errors article.
For more help, try your account manager or the systems user guide. Or if you need assistance with your system contact our customer service team for help.